Power Foods for Teachers to keep them Going
A teacher chases such a hectic schedule that oftentimes eating well falls to the bottom of the priorities list. Teachers’ lounge is abundant with quick lunch fixes, birthday cupcakes and the never-ending snacks which makes living a healthier lifestyle almost impossible for a teacher.
Beginning the day off on the right foot creates a big difference. As hard as it is to do, wake up just a few minutes early and eat a protein-heavy, healthy breakfast. You can feel, a huge difference in your energy level.
Veggies can have fruit, Oatmeal, and Greek yogurt. Having a banana and a protein shake is not a bad idea either. Non-vegetarians can start their day with Egg muffins.
If you can mindfully plan for snack time, it becomes easy to stay away from binge-eating those sweets that are readily available. Think ahead and ensure you have oodles of healthy options available throughout the day to keep you going.
- Cheese sticks or cubes
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Wheat Thins with mashed avocado
- Roasted seaweed snacks
- Applesauce packs with diced fruit mixed in
- V8 juices (fruit and vegetable varieties)
Preparation is the key to success with healthy lunches. Here are some ideas which are sure to brighten up your day.
- Rice Bowls
- Mason Jar Salads
- Rice Bowls
- PB&J on wheat
- Single-serving cans of tuna served with multigrain crackers
You find it hard to give up sweets? If you learn to strike a balance between healthy eating and your cravings by eating healthy foods having a touch of sweetness, you can save yourself devouring those sugary kinds of stuff.
- Dang coconut chips
- Dark chocolate squares or chocolate-covered raisins
- You may also like trail mix, fruit, granola with bits of dark chocolate, and yogurt whips.
- You always crave a small sweet after lunch? Just keep tiny hard candies in your lunch bag. Just pop one in and it satisfies your craving without adding too many calories.
Well, it’s technically not a food but dieticians were pretty much unanimous in stating the significance of staying well hydrated throughout a grueling school day. Carry a large bottle filled with water and be sure to drink all of it before the final bell! To develop more insight on power-packed food for busy teachers click on the link below.
is a platform to share your story, your experiences as a teacher. Share your story here